16 Ways to Increase the Curb Appeal of Your Property
With summer in full swing, there's no better time than now to give the outside of your home a little love, especially if you are looking to sell your home.
Make all your neighbors jealous with these easy, quick, and affordable tips to boost the curb appeal of your property.
1. Power wash the outside of your house. If loose, peeling, or cracking paint is present, add a fresh coat to instantly take away years of wear and tear.
2. Power wash the windows on the outside, and clean them on the inside to make them shine!
3. Clean out your gutters and replace them if they’re rusty, bent or look old and in disrepair.
4. Rake up the leaves and dead vegetation leftover, and dispose of it.
5. Keep the lawn mowed throughout the sales process. Make sure sidewalks and walkways are edged neatly. Freshly cut grass goes a long way!
6. Get rid of weeds, dandelions and grass growing up through the driveway or sidewalks.
7. Trim trees so that no limbs are touching the roof.
8. Put bikes, skateboards and scooters in the garage.
9. Trim back unruly, unkempt bushes.
10. Install low-wattage ground lights along the front walkway.
11. Plant bright-colored flowers and keep them watered and looking beautiful. Remove wilted dead blooms religiously.
12. Give your front door a fresh coat of paint or replace it.
13. Replace the mailbox.
14. Apply large, clearly visible house numbers to the front of your house.
15. Keep garbage barrels in the garage out of sight.
16. Power wash your deck or patio and sand and stain if necessary.
Jun 19, 2019